Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The average aging process of asian women...

OMG.. How true is this???

We might look younger during our youthful days, but don't worry, we start looking worse for wear after a certain age..

I have to say I used to hate looking so young, thanks to my asian genes.  From earliest memory, when mum forced me to lie about my age when I was 16, so I can still eat as an under 12 at Sizzler..

When I was 17+, doing prac (as a teacher) for primary school education, I was in a room filled with 11 & 12 year olds and guess what, I was mistaken as one of the year 5 kids... *sigh*

Then, when I turned 25, I still looked underage... 16 I believe.  When I finally hit the big 30, I look like I'm in my early 20s.  I used to hate it so much and wish I could look older...

but now, being 34, I am quite thankful I still look young, but boy the metabolism has slowed down so much.  Big thighs and big hips is such an unusual sight for an asian woman, don't you think?

I used to laugh at friends mums and my own mother...  Their photographs showed them looking so beautiful and skinny when they were younger, but after a certain age, BAM..  They shrunk and ballooned out, and on top of that, they all have the same "aunty" haircut!

I guess I've still got a few more years before I start looking like that...  Something to look forward to, no??!!!  Oh dearie me...

No comments:

Post a Comment