Friday, March 30, 2012

15 year old YouTube living doll.. seriously?

Look what is on the news recently...

She's Venus Palermo (a.k.a Venus Angelic who's becoming an internet cult figure).  With her porcelain face doll like look, big blue eyes (even with dark blue circle, thanks to contacts) and white blonde hair she looks like a Japanese doll.  She even speaks with a babydoll Japanese Harajuku accent but in reality she lives in London and apparently speaks five languages, English and Japanese being one of them as she's lived in Japan for a few years, hence the obsession with Japanese culture.

The look is the Ball-jointed doll (BJD) which is popular in Japan (cue f*cked up dirty old men perving /obsessing over young preteen girls).  I've watched a few of her YouTube tutorial teaching her fans how to apply makeup to look like a doll.  She's definitely a pro at applying all those makeup, I'm quite envious!  She seems sweet and really cute but she's only 15 and that horrid baby voice... 

I love Japan and I enjoyed my visit to the Harajuku district and I love seeing all these teenagers (and even some middle aged women) dressed in lolita fashion everywhere in Tokyo (even at Disneyland) but for a mother to encourage her young daughter to do what this girl is doing?...  She's on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr..  I know mothers nowadays like to encourage their daughters passion and independence, but seriously, where do you draw the line?

I'm sorry, but this reminds me of a blow up doll, no?
She's really pretty and innocent looking

Some videoclips from YouTube:








I'm sorry, this is a bit... >_< ... Oh lord...






No comments:

Post a Comment